Dawn from Applewood's Hill
A Day at Applewood Inn, a bed and breakfast in Lexington, Virginia:
- Take an early morning walk on our trails and enjoy the birds (see list), wild life, and Blue Ridge Mountain views.
- Let us pamper your taste buds at breakfast while attending to your special diet. Enjoy our organically grown fruits and veggies in season.
- Take a one-hour guided hike with our llamas and enjoy the beautiful scenery. (For Inn guests only) THIS IS OUR LAST YEAR FOR THIS!
- Meditate while fishing for trout or bass in nearby Buffalo Creek.
- Luxuriate in the full-sized, in-ground swimming pool or just enjoy it from the gazebo or patio.Temperature June 11th: 80 decrees.
- Picnic at our stream-side or hilltop picnic areas.
- Relax on one of our four year-round porches and enjoy the change of seasons in the gardens.
- Enjoy a stroll with your dog (the European Room and Blue Ridge Room are pet friendly.)
- Watch the llamas on the hill at sunset.
- As part of our Long Weekend Package, enjoy our poolside Sunday evening dinner to the chorus of crickets and the twinkle of fireflies.
- Pick up a steak and grill your own on our poolside gas grill. Kitchen use may also be arranged in advance.
- Soak in your private hot tub (The European Room-we are one of two places in the county that offer this).
- Relax by the fireplace in the common room watching a video from our collection or enjoy the fireplace in your room with a book from our library. WiFi is available if you get the password from us.
- Partake in the scores of activities in the area around this Shenandoah Valley eco-friendly B&B, including Natural Bridge, Virginia Safari Park (Things to Do)
- NEW! Starting in July 2016 we will be offering Applewood Cottage, a separate energy efficient home with 2 bedrooms and two baths, kitchen, living room, dining area and two porches for couples that want a romantic private getaway, familes with younger children and couples with more than one dog or a dog that is apt to bark at other guests. Pool priveleges during specified hours. Fireplace and TV. Applewood Cottage is perfect for honeymoons.
Applewood Inn & Llama Trekking